I forgot to look up “milk” in Turkish before going to the store this week. Usually things are labelled bilingually in Arabic and English, but there is only sometimes English on the imports from Turkey...last time, I didn’t have my phone with me, and accidentally bought not-milk. This time, smartphone to the rescue! I looked it up on the spot. Good thing, because the first thing I thought might be milk was actually buttermilk.
My prize:

I was talking about this with a friend yesterday, and her eyes lit up and she said “Süt!” with some glee.
Yes, the most major effect the Gulf crisis has had on our expat lives so far: Everyone now knows the Turkish word for milk.
My prize:

I was talking about this with a friend yesterday, and her eyes lit up and she said “Süt!” with some glee.
Yes, the most major effect the Gulf crisis has had on our expat lives so far: Everyone now knows the Turkish word for milk.
no subject
Date: 2017-07-08 06:33 pm (UTC)